Sunday, June 10, 2007


The afternoon after my daughter's 8th grade graduation ceremony my dear friend Robin and I took a stroll down memory lane. During our childhood years there were many weekends spent at the Rose Garden.


Robin with the beautiful roses

My mother use to take me to the rose garden when I was a child. We spent many weekends walking among the roses and sharing stories.



Robin and I on our stroll through the Rose Garden was filled with laughs and smiles, not that I am at liberty to share the details, but let's just say that the garden is still just as lovely.


At the end of our walking tour of the Rose Garden we found ourselves at a very familiar tunnel. Come walk with us as we take a journey under the road.


Look out to the other side of the tunnel. Robin and I discovered that not much has changed at our park. A newer playground has been at the park for many years, but the gem of the park is still there, the slide!

There were many times that I burned my butt, or scraped my knee or stubbed my toes while traveling as fast as physically possible down this slide. Oh the fun times! The use of card board was very good for picking up speed.


We loved our special day at Codornices Park and the Berkeley Rose Garden. We hope you take an opportunity to go back and revisit your favorite sites of your childhood.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home